Mr. Roberts is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar. Mr. Roberts received his Juris Doctorate from Nova University ‘s Shepard Broad School of Law in 1994. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science with a Minor in History from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale , Illinois . He was a member of the Nova Law Review and the Editor-in-Chief of the law school newspaper, the Nova Law Reporter. Mr. Roberts served as a judicial intern in the Broward County Circuit Court for the Honorable Arthur M. Birken, Circuit Court Judge, and also prosecuted criminal matters as a Certified Legal Intern at the Broward County State Attorney’s office.
Mr. Roberts has been practicing in the areas of Construction Law and Commercial Litigation for over fifteen years. He has worked on construction and commercial related matters for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Hewlett-Packard Company, served as counsel for a panel trustee for the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida, and continues to concentrate his practice exclusively on litigation, arbitration and mediation of construction related matters, including construction liens, payment and performance bond claims and defense, surety defense, contract preparation, review and negotiation, bid protests, owner representation and construction-related appeals.
Mr. Roberts is a member of numerous construction related legal associations, including: Broward County Bar Association (Member, Construction Law Committee) and The Florida Bar. He is also actively involved in construction related trade associations, including the Construction Association of South Florida and the Associated Builders and Contractors. He lectures frequently on construction related topics to contractors and lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Construction Law
- Commercial Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Construction Law
- Florida, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1996
- Nova University Center for the Study of Law, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Law Journal: Nova Law Reporter (Newspaper), Editor-In-Chief, 1992 – 1993
- Law Review: Staff Member, Nova Law Review, 1993 – 1994
- Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois
- Advtech Construction, LLC
- Allied Barton Security Services, LLC
- Aquatic Plant Management, Inc.
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Florida East Coast Chapter
- Biscayne Roofing of Miami, Inc.
- Firestop International, LLC
- G&E Millwork Installations, Inc.
- Gabriel Towers Condominium Association
- Hallmark Construction Industries, Inc.
- Paint Master U.S.A., Inc.
- Seminole Tribe of Florida
- Suncoast Post-Tension, LLC
- The Lexington Club Condominium Association, Inc.
- The Lexington Club Village Condominium Association, Inc.
- United American Contractors
- Waas Construction Co., Inc.
- Florida Construction Law: Can This Job Be Saved, Lorman Education Services, 1999
- Proper Payments Defense in Florida, Broward County Bar Assc., Construction Law Committee Annual Seminar, 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section, Member, 1997 – Present
- Broward County Bar Association, Member, Construction Law Committee, 1997 – Present
- Construction Association of South Florida, Member
- American Bar Association, Sections on Litigation, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Tort and Insurance Practice, Labor and Employment, Public Contract Law, Member
- American Bar Association, Forums on Contract Industry, Contract Documents, Contract Negotiations, Performance and Administration, Bonds, Liens and Insurance, Owners and Lenders Divisions, Member
- The Florida Bar, Commitee on Real Property and Trust Law, Member
- The Florida Bar, Sections on Trial Lawyers, Appellate Practice and Advocacy, Labor and Employment Law, Member
- Builders Association of South Florida, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Tabas, Singerman & Freedman, P.A., Attorney, 1996 – 1997
- Gunster, Yoakley, Valdes-Fauli & Stewart, P.A., Attorney, 1994 – 1996
- Honorable Arthur M. Birken, Circuit Court, Broward County Circuit Court, Judicial Intern
- Broward County State Attorney’s Office, Certified Legal Intern